105.1 The Bull and Friends Karaoke Pub are searching for a Country Idol!
Grand Prize winner will receive a trip for two to Nashville, Tennessee where you’ll get to record a song in a professional recording studio! Then, tune in and listen as 105.1 plays your song on the radio!
105.1 The Bull Country Idol Karaoke Competition will start Monday night, January 8th. and run every Monday through Feb 19th. Be one of the first 20 people to register at 7pm, at Friends Karaoke Pub, to compete that night. Bring your all your fans, crowd participation will be factored into judging!
Each week four people advance to the Semi- finals, held on Feb 12th. Good luck, from Friends Karaoke Pub and 105.1 The Bull! Must be 21 to enter.
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO READ OUR CONTEST RULES:
Official 105.1 The Bull “Country Idol” Contest Rules
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station 105.1 the Bull (the “Station”) owned and operated by MWF Broadcasting LLC , 2453 E Elm St. MO, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
1. No purchase is necessary.
2. Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents who are of legal age 21 at the time of entry.
3. All contests are open to the general public except for employees, agents, representatives, or affiliates of the Station, MWF Broadcasting LLC, and their respective affiliates, participating sponsors, their immediate families, and household members.
4. All decisions of the judges and 105.1 The Bull staff are final.
5. The contest will begin on January 8, 2018 and will run through February 19, 2018.
6 One grand prize will be awarded. The grand prize includes professional studio recording time (1 song,) airfare to Nashville, TN and back to Springfield, and one evening’s hotel accommodations in Nashville. Studio, Airlines and hotel will be chosen by 105.1 The Bull. Winner has 60 days from Feb 19th, 2018 to coordinate trip with 105.1 The Bull.
7. The Station and MWF Broadcasting LLC are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information entered by website users, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Station’s website.
8. 105.1 The Bull Country Idol Karaoke preliminary rounds will begin on Monday, January 8th , 2018, and will continue each Monday night, ending on February 5th, 2018. The top 4 contestants (to be determined by 105.1 The Bull judges) each Monday night will advance to the semifinals round (maximum of 20 contestants) on February 12th, 2018. The top 4 contestants (chosen by 105.1 The Bull judges) will then advance on to the Country Idol Finals on February 19th. One contestant will be selected as potential grand prize winner at the sole discretion of 105.1 The Bull, based on, including but not limited to, determining factors, such as stage presence, vocal talent, crowd response, and entertainment value. If it is determined that the candidate is not eligible for the receipt of the grand prize in 105.1 The Bull’s sole judgment and discretion, another candidate will be selected for eligibility consultation and this process will continue on until such time as an eligible candidate is found. In the unlikely event that no candidates are found to meet the specifications then the prize will go un-awarded. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by, and at the sole discretion of 105.1 The Bull MGT.
9. All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
10. All prizes are awarded “as is.” Prizes are nontransferable and 105.1 The Bull Management reserves the right to exchange, change, or substitute any and all prizes at our sole discretion, with or without notice.
11. Neither the Station, nor MWF Broadcasting LLC, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, agents or representatives shall be responsible for the failure of participating sponsors to deliver the prizes or any part thereof as described herein.
12. All entrants and winners agree that the Station, MWF Broadcasting LCC, and their parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives, as well as the sponsoring venue- Friends Karaoke Pub, shall have no liability for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in, winning, or losing any contest and/or by the use or non-use of any prize received in connection with this contest.
13. All prizes must be claimed in person at the Station, at the address identified above during regular business hours and within ten (10) business days of winning, excluding holidays. After such time, ownership of said prize reverts back to MWF Broadcasting LCC to be disposed of at its discretion. The winner then loses all claims and rights to said prize.
14. Proper identification must be presented by any winner to claim prize. As a condition to receiving the prize, any potential winner must complete and sign a Winner’s Affidavit and Release, releasing MWF, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, directors, officers, and employees from all liability in connection with winner’s participation in the contest, acceptance, and use or non-use of the prize.
15. All entry blanks, forms, devices, and materials gathered during the course of entry, as well as all information contained on or within, shall become the sole property of the Station and MWF Broadcasting LLC to be used, disposed of or destroyed in their sole discretion.
16. A total, not to exceed 20 contestants, will be chosen to compete each Monday night (regardless of the amount of entries). The first 20 contestants to register at 7pm at Friends Karaoke Pub, located at 1211 W Battlefield, Springfield, MO will compete that night. No one contestant may enter more than twice. The top 4 contestants with the highest individual scores will move on to the Semifinals on February 19th. More contestants may be chosen solely at the discretion of Bull Country staff as time allows. From the semifinals, 4 will be chosen to move on to compete in the finals on Feb 19th.
17. Once a contestant picks a song to sing, they MUST sing that particular song, even if multiple other contestants choose the same one. Each contestant may only sing ONCE, per night, no more than twice in the preliminary rounds. Songs must be country.
18. The competition is a karaoke competition, which means no use of musical instruments or musical accompaniment is allowed. Contestants may not sing acapella. Friends Karaoke Pub will not be responsible for any technical difficulties or if the DJ does not have the particular song the contestant wants to sing. That particular contestant will have to choose a different song or not participate. Contestants may not change their song once selected to compete. Individual contestants are allowed to participate only, no duets or groups. Contestants may not use their own music track.
19. All entrants and winners agree to give the Station and MWF Broadcasting LLC, and their licensees, affiliates, successors, and assigns the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, re-use, broadcast, or publish my name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched or distorted in character or form, and winner’s voice, recorded or live, for any reason the Station deems necessary without compensation, unless prohibited by law. All winners release, discharge, and agree to save harmless MWF Broadcasting LLC and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives from any and all claims they may have against the Station or MWF Broadcasting LLC in connection with the taking, production, or the use of winners’ name, city of residence, any photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched, or distorted in character or form and without restrictions as to any changes, transformations or alterations, and including winners’ voices, recorded or live. All winners further acknowledge that MWF Broadcasting LLC owns or will own exclusively any photographs of such winners used for such purposes, including the copyrights in them, regardless of the form in which they have been or may be produced and used, and all winners assign all such ownership rights to MWF Broadcasting LLC.
20. The Station reserves the right to end any contest at any time without any advanced notice to the public. Odds of winning are based on the number entries received.
21. The Station reserves the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest or drawing.
22. The Station reserves the right to require contestants to be present at drawings in order to win their prize.
23. Violations of any of these rules or attempts to win any contest by fraud, deception, or cheating shall be grounds for the Station to disqualify any individual from participating in all current and future contests and events at the sole discretion of the Station, as well as forfeiture of any prize or prizes won by fraudulent means.
24. A winners list may be obtained after February 26th 2018, by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the following address: 2453 E Elm St. Springfield, MO 65802
25. Participating Sponsors are:
Friends Karaoke Pub
1211 W Battlefield Rd
Springfield, Mo 65807