This is from the Springfield-Green County Health Department
The Springfield-Greene County Health Department is notifying the public of potential community exposures from four COVID-19 positive individuals.
Prior to being diagnosed, our cases visited the following locations:
- Monday, June 22: Pennington’s Supermarket in Ash Grove, visited from 6 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. (infectious, symptomatic, not masked)
- Monday, June 22: Pappo’s Pizzeria at 221 E Walnut St, visited around 6:30 pm (infectious but not symptomatic, not masked)
- Monday, June 23: Walmart Supercenter at 3315 S Campbell Ave, two cases visited from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. (infectious, symptomatic, not masked)
- Tuesday, June 24: Panera Bread at 4100 S Campbell Ave, visited from 12:30 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. (infectious, symptomatic, not masked)
Anyone who was at these locations on these dates is at low risk for contracting COVID-19, but should monitor for symptoms. There is no need to self-quarantine or isolate unless symptoms develop.
These latest cases are yet another reminder for all of us to interact with our environment carefully. If someone is sick or thinks they may be sick, they need to stay home.
A timeline of all known potential community exposures in the last 14 days is available here.
COVID-19 is spread through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. It spreads between people who are in close contact with one another.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If symptoms do develop, seek medical attention.
If you are sick, you can use virtual care options to seek medical treatment without exposing others to illness. Links are available at health.springfieldmo.gov/coronavirus.
For more information about COVID-19, visit our website at health.springfieldmo.gov/coronavirus.
Inquiries from the public can be made by contacting the Health Department’s call center at (417) 874-1211 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.